1/4 Photos of Voodoo Bruschetta
1 hr 30 mins
I used to order this all the time at the Red Devil Restaurant, but then it was taken off the menu. They gave me the ingredients, though, and I came up with this incredibly yummy spicy bruschetta. It's even better after steeping overnight in the fridge. For the pizza dough, try Basil & Garlic Pizza Dough (ABM), Basil & Garlic Pizza Dough (Abm). Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, ripe (about 8 or 10)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 -8 garlic cloves, crushed (depending on how much you like garlic)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (found at asian stores)
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted & sliced (optional)
- salt, to taste
- parmesan cheese or feta cheese, to taste
- 1Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (if you want.) Chop tomatoes into small dice; place in bowl.
- 2Add onion, garlic, basil, vinegar/lemon juice, chili paste, olives and salt to taste. Let stand at room temperature for about an hour.
- 3Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough into a thin rounded rectangle. Allow to rise to almost double the thickness.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 5Spread tomato mixture on warm flat bread. Top with freshly grated Parmesan or crumbled Feta Cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Voodoo Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: