I used to order this all the time at the Red Devil Restaurant, but then it was taken off the menu. They gave me the ingredients, though, and I came up with this incredibly yummy spicy bruschetta. It's even better after steeping overnight in the fridge. For the pizza dough, try Basil & Garlic Pizza Dough (ABM), Basil & Garlic Pizza Dough (Abm). Enjoy!!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, ripe (about 8 or 10)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 -8 garlic cloves, crushed (depending on how much you like garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (found at asian stores)
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted & sliced (optional)
- salt, to taste
- parmesan cheese or feta cheese, to taste
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (if you want.) Chop tomatoes into small dice; place in bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, basil, vinegar/lemon juice, chili paste, olives and salt to taste. Let stand at room temperature for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough into a thin rounded rectangle. Allow to rise to almost double the thickness.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Spread tomato mixture on warm flat bread. Top with freshly grated Parmesan or crumbled Feta Cheese.