Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the pesto I usually make. I love it on grilled chicken, pasta, and sandwiches. I used walnuts because they are way cheaper than pine nuts. I can't tell the difference myself, so I think it must be pretty close in flavor. I removed the chicken broth from the recipe because it isn't really necessary and half the time I make it I don't even have it on hand.
- Put basil leaves in a blender or food processor.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and add to the blender.
- Add garlic and walnuts and pulse for a moment.
- While blender is running add olive oil in a steady stream.
- Allow to mix for 1 minute more and then you are done!
Very nice pesto to use up some of that last of summer basil. The walnuts are also great as pine nuts are hard to find in rural areas. I tripled the recipe and froze into cubes for winter sauces which will be very welcomed when the snow is flying! Thanks!
I didn't use the chicken broth as I am vegetarian anyway and the consistency was okay without. Nice easy pesto.
How much chicken broth???????