Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the pesto I usually make. I love it on grilled chicken, pasta, and sandwiches. I used walnuts because they are way cheaper than pine nuts. I can't tell the difference myself, so I think it must be pretty close in flavor. I removed the chicken broth from the recipe because it isn't really necessary and half the time I make it I don't even have it on hand.
- Put basil leaves in a blender or food processor.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and add to the blender.
- Add garlic and walnuts and pulse for a moment.
- While blender is running add olive oil in a steady stream.
- Allow to mix for 1 minute more and then you are done!