1/3 Photos of White Bean Bruschetta
Found in a Taste of Home appetizer publication. I love to have this in the summer on the patio with a glass of wine!! Depending on how high you like to heap the bruschetta topping, you may want to consider doubling the topping. I have used canned fire roasted tomatoes with good results as well. The original recipe states it serves 20, but as a wise zaar member pointed out, unless you have lots of other appetizers, there's no way this would satisfy 20. So I changed it to 8, which is 2-3 slices a piece depending on the size of your baguette!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup canned great northern bean, rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Greek olive
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into a chiffonade (thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1Combine the beans, tomatoes, olives, 4 T. olive oil, basil and garlic. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste .
- 2Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining oil. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat until golden - about 1 minute.
- 3Sprinkle slices with cheese and spread. Top with the bean mixture. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g