Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Heat oi and butter in skillet.
- Add garlic cook until lightly browned.
- cool slightly, Add water slowly, Sir in parsley, salt and oregano.
- Blend flour with enough clam juice to make a smooth paste.
- stir in clams and clam juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- Red clam Sauce: Before adding flour and clams, stir in 2[8oz.
- ]cans tomato sauce.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
This was very good! I did have some problems with adding the flour -- I ended up with clam dumplings. But no big deal -- just scooped them out and continued on! I did add some flake red pepper and increased the garlic by a clove. My husband has asked me to please make this again, and make it often. Thank you for sharing!