carrie sheridan's Note:
from Rene Verdon, the White House chef for the Kennedys
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: if you can afford it, buy the best parmigiano reggiano cheese and finely grate it yourself at home.
- 2In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettucine for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well.
- 3Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until softened
- 4Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- 5Whisk in cream and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- 6Add cooked noodles and sour cream; toss to combine well.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Transfer to a shallow poasta bowl or deep platter. Scatter chopped chives over the top and sprinkle with the cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White House Fettucine Rene for Jfk
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.5
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 204.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g