Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
from Rene Verdon, the White House chef for the Kennedys
Make and share this White House Fettucine Rene for Jfk recipe from Food.com.
- Note: if you can afford it, buy the best parmigiano reggiano cheese and finely grate it yourself at home.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettucine for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until softened
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Whisk in cream and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked noodles and sour cream; toss to combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a shallow poasta bowl or deep platter. Scatter chopped chives over the top and sprinkle with the cheese.