1/1 Photo of White Lasagne With Parmigiano Besciamella (Lasagne in Bianco )
1 hr 40 mins
From Gourmet magazine, posted here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup minced shallot (about 6)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup rich chicken broth or 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry marsala
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 lb grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided (1 cup)
- 12 no-boil egg lasagna sheets
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- 2Cook shallots in butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add flour and cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, 3 minutes. Add nutmeg, then slowly whisk in milk and stock.
- 4Bring to a boil, whisking, then simmer, stirring occasionally, just until sauce lightly coats back of spoon, about 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat and cool to warm, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in eggs, Marsala, sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 7Spread about 1 1/4 cups sauce over bottom of an 11- by 8-inch baking dish.
- 8Cover with a layer of 3 lasagne sheets. Repeat layering 3 more times, then top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 9Bake, uncovered, until browned, 45 to 55 minutes.
- 10Cooks' note: Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered (once cool).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Lasagne With Parmigiano Besciamella (Lasagne in Bianco )
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.4
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 911.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: