1/6 Photos of World's Best Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Mom NC's Note:
This was actually my mom's recipe, but to this day, I haven't had lasagna that has been able to match this one. We very rarely had leftovers when she made this. But, if you do get leftovers, it's even better the next day after reheating. This particular recipe calls for cottage cheese, but you can certainly use the same amount of ricotta cheese if you like. But, I will tell you, once you taste it, you won't even tell it's cottage cheese that you're eating. My mom just always used it because it's healthier, at least that what she says, but I like it better anyway because it doesn't have that "dry" texture ricotta has. But it's up to you. Also, if you have a little extra mozzarella cheese, you can add some of that to the top after you remove the foil and before putting it back in the oven, if you wish. I hope you enjoy it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine beef and sauce in sauce pan. Put just enough water in sauce jar to rinse sides, shake it up, then add it to sauce. Mix and let simmer.
- 3While sauce simmers, combine all 3 cheeses, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste in large mixing bowl and mix well.
- 4In 13x9" casserole/baking dish, lay down thin layer of sauce on bottom, just enough to cover so noodles don't stick.
- 5Lay down first layer of UNCOOKED noodles, then a layer of sauce, then 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Follow with another layer of noodles, sauce, rest of cheese mixture, another layer of noodles, then finish with the rest of the sauce on top.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven, remove foil, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World's Best Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 163.7 mg
- Sodium 1029.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 41.8 g