I love baked pastas and lasagna-type dishes, so I figured I'd make up my own this last winter with what was in the house. Well, before I knew it, I had more cheese than anything else! So...If you're a cheese lover, this dish is for you! :) It would be easy to "customize" though, which is what I do with many recipes. It would probably be good by cutting some cheese and adding varied veggies (some suggestions: mushrooms, spinach, squash, eggplant, and so on). Have fun, be creative, and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken, separated into chunks (or 2-3 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, and drain.
- 2In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients from the diced tomatoes through the salt.
- 3Gently mix the tortellini into the sauce mixture.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 5Grease an 8x8-inch square baking dish, and put half of the tortellini mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- 6Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese, and put the rest of the tortellini mixture on top.
- 7Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of that.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Would You Like Some Tortellini With Your Cheese?
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.7
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 1845.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 38.1 g