1/3 Photos of Ww Watch Your Weight Lasagna With Meat Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
Robin W's Note:
A wonderful tasting lasagna - you would never know it's weight watchers! Each piece is 6 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (10% or less fat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) containers refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- 2Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 3Toast and grind the fennel seeds by placing them in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
- 4Cook, shaking the pan and stirring constantly until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Watch them carefully- they will burn quickly!
- 6Remove from pan and grind to a powder.
- 7Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Add the oil, then add the beef, onion, bell pepper and zucchini.
- 9Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef browns.
- 10Stir in the marinara sauce and fennel, bring to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened and the flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
- 12Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 13Spread one-fourth of the meat sauce in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- 14Top with 3 of the noodles; spread with 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- 15Repeat the layering twice, ending with the meat sauce.
- 16Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 17Remove the foil and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Romano.
- 18Bake until heated through and cheeses are lightly browned, abut 20 minutes longer.
- 19Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ww Watch Your Weight Lasagna With Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 674.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese
pecorino romano cheese