Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Found in a slow cooker cookbook. UPDATE: You can still find the soup in the Campbell's soup section in a box and it is called Campbell's Select.
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup with roasted garlic and herbs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place potatoes, carrots, and celery in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season roast with pepper and place on top.
- Mix soup and water.
- Pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- •For a thicker gravy: Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Remove beef and vegetables and keep warm. Stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
This is a great recipe, I added one chopped onion and two cloves of minced garlic to the pot. I also added a few splashes of worcestershire as well. The gravy is awesome and is great with mashed potatoes. Thanx for a great recipe!!!
Awesome! I substitued beef broth for water.
Easy to make and what a great flavor!! The condensed tomato soup with roasted garlic was really great in this recipe. Now here comes the problem...Campbell's does not make this soup any longer. What are we to do?!?!? If anyone knows of another brand that makes this soup please let me know. This is too good of recipe not to make again. I guess I could try it with plain tomato soup, but.... Thanks for a great recipe looneytunesfan