Found in a slow cooker cookbook. UPDATE: You can still find the soup in the Campbell's soup section in a box and it is called Campbell's Select.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and celery in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season roast with pepper and place on top.
- Mix soup and water.
- Pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- •For a thicker gravy: Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Remove beef and vegetables and keep warm. Stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.