I have had this recipe for a couple of years and got it from another site, but I did several modifications to the original. It makes a LOT! Great OAMC recipe!
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1.5 (26 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) package provolone cheese, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook ziti according to package. Drain.
- Cook italian sausage along with garlic and onion until browned. Drain. Return sausage mixture to pan. Add in spaghetti sauce, sugar, and spices. Stir.
- Combine sour cream and cottage cheese.
- Grease 13x9 with cooking spray.
- Layer in the pan 1/2 of noodles, 1/2 of sauce, all of the provolone, all of the sour cream/cottage cheese mixture, 2nd 1/2 of noodles, 2nd half of sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and cheeses are melted.