1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Mushroom Lasagna
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Another great way to take care of those mad zucchini when they threaten to take over the universe. First knock them off the vine with an Italian bread, and head for the kitchen...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) package lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add flour and reduce heat to low, stirring to form a roux.
- 3Stir in milk gradually, blending so that sauce is smooth.
- 4Mix in onion powder, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, and Parmesan cheese; stir and cook until mixture thickens; season to taste with salt and pepper, then keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, while you prepare lasagna.
- 5In lasagna pan or 13 x 9 inch baking pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray or wipe with a little oil and a paper towel.
- 6Spread 3 lasagna noodles across bottom, making sure entire bottom is covered; spread 1/3 of ricotta over noodles.
- 7Place a layer of mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini over ricotta, and spoon 1/4 of the sauce over the vegetables.
- 8Repeat the layers 2 more times, topping the last cheese/vegetable layer with noodles (there may be a few noodles left over) and the remaining sauce.
- 9Cover and bake for 40 minutes; uncover, sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese and bake 10-12 minutes more, or until cheese is just starting to turn golden and lasagna is bubbly.
- 10Allow to sit 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Mushroom Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.4
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 421.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g