1/3 Photos of Zucchini Beef Italiano
2 hrs 10 mins
I'm currently trying to "Spring Clean" my ever growing cookbook collection so am posting quite a few recipes here for safekeeping, this is one from a Leggo's Cookbook that I loved the sound of.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g blade steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 220 g champignon mushrooms, drained
- 445 g italian pasta sauce (cooking sauce)
- 1/2 cup red wine or 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Sason the flour with salt & pepper & tip into a plastic bag, toss the beef around in the bag until all pieces are coated.
- 2Melt the butter in a pan and brown the beef over high heat.
- 3Transfer beef to an oven-proof casserole dish (approx 20cm x30cm).
- 4Add remaining ingredients to the frypan and stir briskly until it reaches a boil.
- 5Pour the sauce over the beef, cover dish & bake at 180.C for 1 1/4 hours.
- 6Meanwhile mix the cheeses together.
- 7Take the casserole out of the oven and layer the zucchini over the top in a decorative pattern, sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for a further 30-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Beef Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.1
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.4 mg
- Sodium 868.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: