Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Women's Ministry Cookbook
Make and share this Zucchini Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 12 manicotti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic and zucchini.
- Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Cool zucchini mixture, then add cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and 2 and 1/2 c of the parmesan cheese.
- Mix well, adding salt and pepper.
- Stuff shells with mixture and place side by side in a greased 9x13" glass baking pan.
- Put stewed tomatoes in blender to chop tomatoes.
- Pour over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top and continue baking 10-15 minutes longer.
Really good! Served with #180324 and a green salad. Terrific weekend meal!