Using ricotta cheese and a buttery garlic sauce with chicken, fresh tomatoes and fresh cilantro makes this a unique and very tasty pizza option! The recipe calls for the refrigerated can of pizza dough but you can use any premade or even make your own. Delizioso!!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough, from refrigerated section
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook chicken in small saute pan, using enough water to cover and cook until no longer pink inside, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, then cut into strips.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with garlic, onion and basil. Pour into a chilled dish to cool, and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough, place onto a pizza pan/stone or other appropriate baking sheet and spread the herb-butter mix over the surface using the back of a spoon.
- Arrange chicken on top, then dot with ricotta cheese.
- Top with tomato slices, cilantro, then parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is browned and center is thoroughly cooked.